The New ‘Elm’ Launches Thursday, Feb. 7
The Elm, the dynamic, collaborative website the Office of Communications and Public Affairs created in 2013 to allow the UMB community to interact online, is getting even better. The new Elm will debut Thursday, Feb. 7, offering the following features:
- Each of UMB’s seven schools has a dedicated page of its own to tailor content to its specific audience.
- Enhanced filters allow users to find information they are interested in, by filtering content by topic or audience, whether for students, faculty, staff, or alumni.
- A section called Accolades has been added where UMB people can be acknowledged for the work they do — be it by co-worker or someone in the community.
- Voices & Opinions allows you to share your perspective on an issue that matters to you.
- An improved UMB social media component aggregates social media content from all UMB social media accounts.
- The new Elm’s homepage and each school’s corresponding homepage include navigational links at the bottom that help you find the most important UMB resources fast.
- An improved Elm Weekly, greater access to University news, and many other enhancements are part of the new Elm. See for yourself by visiting this preview.
Beginning Thursday, content from the original Elm will be available at wp.elm.umaryland.edu/