We know Christmas gifts can be expensive. Our goal at the Christmas Store, an annual partnership between UMB’s Office of Community Engagement and The Foundry, is to provide families with a unique opportunity to purchase gifts at a significantly reduced price, so that every family can experience the joy of giving.
Donating to the Christmas Store is fast, easy, and affordable. Using the online Target Registry or Amazon Wish List, donors can purchase gifts priced as low as $3.99 from their computers or mobile devices, whether at work or at home. The gifts are automatically shipped, at no cost, to the Christmas Store organizers, who will arrange the gifts in the Community Engagement Center.
If you’re donating through a registry for the first time, the directions below might come in handy. Thanks for donating, and happy holidays!
How to Donate to the Christmas Store
- Click here to access the The Foundry & Christmas Store’s Target Registry. Alternatively, click here to access the Amazon Wish List.
- Select toys to purchase by clicking “Add to Cart.” After adding an item to your cart, you can either “View Cart and Checkout,” where you can immediately purchase the item(s) added to your cart, or you can click “Continue Shopping” to select more items. When you’re ready to check out, click the button shaped like a shopping cart at the top right corner of the screen.
- Review your cart summary to make sure that your order is correct.
- If you have a Target.com or Amazon.com account, make sure you’re signed in. If you do not have an account, create one.
- Under shipping address, select “Ship to the address on the registry (or wishlist).” Do not add a new address. Click “Save and Continue.” The delivery cost in your order summary should say “free.”
- Choose your payment method, then enter your payment and contact information. Follow the order process until you successfully place your order. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your purchase and notification of its shipment once it is processed.
There also are opportunities to volunteer at the Christmas Store on two Saturdays, Dec. 8 and Dec. 15. Please contact Camille Givens-Patterson in the Office of Community Engagement or call 410-706-3955 for any questions.